[one-users] DHCP and OpenNebula

Michael Curran michael.curran at connectsolutions.com
Fri Jul 12 13:48:34 PDT 2013

Spoke too soon ---

Yes the NIC is now visible to the OS, but it is no longer trying to join the VM Network , and is instead trying to create a one-pg-3 (for network3) which does not exist on the ESXi hosts

I would assume this means it cannot create a virtual network on the ESX hosts, and using the dummy network definition adds the NIC on the already created virtual network

But as noted in previous comments - there is no ability to find the NIC with the dummy network defined

Hoping there is information about not being able to create the network in the ESXi hosts that could resolve this.

Michael Curran | connectsolutions | Lead Network Architect
Phone 614.568.2285 | Mobile 614.403.6320 | www.connectsolutions.com<http://www.connectsolutions.com>