[one-users] datastore and san disks

Michael Curran michael.curran at connectsolutions.com
Tue Jul 2 04:30:07 PDT 2013

I think this is the portion that is confusing me the most

*    The OpenNebula front-end doesn't need to mount any datastore.

*    The ESX servers needs to present or mount as iSCSI both the system datastore and the image datastore (naming them <datastore-id>, for instance 0 -system datastore- and 1 -image datastore-).

The system datastore -- keeps images of all the VM's ?? If I have 600 VM's across hundreds of luns, how will they all end up on one system datastore if it isn't the same size as my total storage? How do I identify it separately, is it just within the one datastore, and so long as its presented across the all the esx hosts in the cluster that is sufficient?

The images datastore -- that can be multiple lun's correct? Just identify each one by name within the one datastore command?

Michael Curran | connectsolutions | Lead Network Architect
Phone 614.568.2285 | Mobile 614.403.6320 | www.connectsolutions.com