[one-users] OVS vnet tag dissapears after snapshot revert with

Rogier Mars rogier at fortytwo.nl
Wed Jul 31 14:30:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've just upgraded from ONE-4.0 to ONE-4.2 and am testing some functionality now. I have ONE running with OpenVSwitch.

When I create a snapshot from a VM that is running with a QCOW2 image file and I revert that snapshot, the vnet interface for that VM in opennebula misses the vlan-tag that puts the traffic in the correct vlan. When I manually set the tag for the vnet interface again (ovs-vsctl set port vnet1 tag=206) , the vm works fine again. See the before and after the "revert snapshot" details below. The vnet1 interface is the interface connected to the VM that I reverted the snapshot on.

When I create a new VM the vnet tag is configured correctly. It seems this only happens after reverting a snapshot.

Does anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure this problem existed in previous version as well, I've never really used the snapshots before.

Kind regards,

Rogier

BEFORE REVERT SNAPSHOT (working network)
[root at cloud4 206]# ovs-vsctl show
292bcb85-e245-4e6b-8e53-c520faf2e6c6
    Bridge "ovsbr0"
        Port "bond0"
            Interface "eth1"
            Interface "eth0"
        Port "vnet0"
            tag: 206
            Interface "vnet0"
        Port "vnet1"
            tag: 206
            Interface "vnet1"
        Port "br206"
            tag: 206
            Interface "br206"
                type: internal
        Port "ovsbr0"
            Interface "ovsbr0"
                type: internal
    ovs_version: "1.10.0"
[root at cloud4 206]#

AFTER REVERT SNAPSHOT (network inaccessible)