[one-users] changing vm capacity via sunstone and quota

Piotr Kandziora raveenpl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 14:37:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

I try to resize VM capacity (add 0.5 CPU and 1GB RAM). According to the
available quota resources this action should succeed,

but

every time I try to change VM capacity via Sunstone this action fails due
to exceeded quota (FAILURE [VirtualMachineResize] group [1] limit of 2.5
reached for CPU quota in VM) and number of VMS gets incremental negative
value.

oneadmin at master:~$ oneuser list
  ID NAME            GROUP      AUTH           VMS            MEMORY
  CPU
   0 oneadmin        oneadmin   core             -                 -
    -
   1 serveradmin     oneadmin   server_c         -                 -
    -
   2 pkandziora      users      ldap      -7 /   5    3.5G /      5G   1.0
/   2

My quota configuration:

# oneuser defaultquota userquota.def

VM=[
    CPU="2.5", (here's another issue, oneuser list displays integer value
of CPU)
    MEMORY="5120",
    VMS="5"
]

# onegroup quota users groupquota.def

VM=[
    CPU="-1",
    MEMORY="-1",
    VMS="-1"
]

DATASTORE=[
    ID="101",
    IMAGES="-1",
    SIZE="1024000"
]

Is there any interpretation of this negative value of VMS or this is a bug?
If you see any mistakes in my configuration that makes VM capacity change
impossible please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Piotr Kandziora