[one-users] the problem of the CPU in the virtual machine's template

Steven C Timm timm at fnal.gov
Wed Jan 23 19:31:34 PST 2013

VCPU is the parameter that controls how many cores appear internally in the virtual machine.  I. e. if you have VCPU=4
Your VM will have 4 cores, but there will still only be one kvm process as seen in the hypervisor that corresponds to it.
In a typical KVM setup it is possible to allocate more VCPU per VM host than the VM host has real cores.
I am not exactly sure what CPU does, but it does affect the FCPU and ACPU as seen in the onehost list output.

Steve Timm