[one-users] hotplug attach disk cache mode for kvm

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Wed Jan 23 05:33:24 PST 2013

On 2013-01-23 14:55, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can set cache if you are using the CLI, just create a disk
> attachment file
>
> with
>
> DISK = [ IMAGE_ID = #{image_id}, TARGET = #{target}, CACHE=default ]
>
> or
>
> DISK = [ IMAGE_ID = #{image_id}, DEV_PREFIX = #{bus}, CACHE=default ]

OK, it works. But sunstone/self service portals are missing fields for
that to work.

> and then use it for onevm attachdisk. I agree, that it should probably
> honor the default in  vmm_exec_kvm.conf.

I'm also for it to honor TEMPLATE/CACHE parameter from image.
The same would be good for VM templates, so I don't need to write CACHE
parameter into VM template.

Some images are volatiles, other could contain critical data.

Regards, Rolandas Naujikas