[one-users] Slow VM Deployment to VMware

Tino Vazquez tinova79 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 05:21:53 PST 2013

Hi Markus,

This may be due to the configuration NFS client of the VMware hosts
not being tuned. This article [1] may help with this issue.

Also, could it be that the VMware VM Images are bigger than the KVM
ones? What sizes are we talking about?

I also would like to point out that, to achieve the best performance
(transfer-wise) for VMware based infrastructure, we recommend the use
of VMFS partitions managed by the OpenNebula VMFS drivers [2].

Best regards,

-Tino

[1] http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/VMware-NFS-BestPractices-WP-EN.pdf
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:vmware_ds#scenario_3pure_vmfs
--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc | dsa-research.org/tinova
Virtualization Technology Engineer / Researcher