[one-users] MONITOR FAILURE 4 Error executing kvm.rb

Marco Jagodzinska jagodzinska at fh-aachen.de
Tue Jan 15 03:57:43 PST 2013

Hi,

first of all thanks for your help, folks!

root at Arbeitsrechner:~# grep -vE '^($|#)' /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
user = "oneadmin"
group = "oneadmin"
dynamic_ownership = 0

root at Arbeitsrechner:~# grep -vE '^($|#)' /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
listen_tls = 0
listen_tcp = 1
mdns_adv = 0
unix_sock_group = "oneadmin"
unix_sock_rw_perms = "0777"
auth_unix_ro = "none"
auth_unix_rw = "none"

(root at Arbeitsrechner:~# grep -vE '^($|#)' /etc/default/libvirt-bin
start_libvirtd="yes"
libvirtd_opts="-d -l")

I did a complete computer-restart after that just to be sure ;)

oneadmin at Arbeitsrechner:~$ virsh -c qemu:///system nodeinfo
Fehler: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock':
Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Fehler: Verbindung zum Hypervisor scheiterte

oneadmin at Arbeitsrechner:~$ /var/tmp/one/im/kvm.d/kvm.rb
Fehler: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock':
Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Fehler: Verbindung zum Hypervisor scheiterte

That means "File or directory not found" "Connection to hypervisor failed"

Cheers,
Marco