[one-users] Manually solving bug #1605 - VMs in CLEANUP state

Carlos Jiménez cjimenez at eneotecnologia.com
Thu Jan 24 09:38:07 PST 2013

Hi Carlos,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your help.

We've deleted the content of the table vm_pool and then executed onedb
fsck. This is the output:

/MySQL dump stored in /var/lib/one/mysql_localhost_opennebula.sql
Use 'onedb restore' or restore the DB using the mysql command:
mysql -u user -h server -P port db_name < backup_file

Image 4 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 29 is in Image 4 VM id list, but it should not
Image 4 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 12 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 26 is in Image 12 VM id list, but it should not
Image 12 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 7 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 25 is in Image 7 VM id list, but it should not
Image 7 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 18 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 24 is in Image 18 VM id list, but it should not
Image 18 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 21 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 44 is in Image 21 VM id list, but it should not
Image 21 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 16 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 27 is in Image 16 VM id list, but it should not
Image 16 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 15 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 30 is in Image 15 VM id list, but it should not
Image 15 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 19 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 35 is in Image 19 VM id list, but it should not
Image 19 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
Image 23 RUNNING_VMS has 1     is    0
VM 47 is in Image 23 VM id list, but it should not
Image 23 has STATE USED_PERS     is    READY
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.118 (VM 25)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.116 (VM 24)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.124 (VM 44)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.128 (VM 35)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.122 (VM 29)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.123 (VM 30)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.119 (VM 26)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.120 (VM 27)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.129 (VM 35)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.125 (VM 44)     but it is free
VNet 0 has used lease 192.168.15.127 (VM 47)     but it is free
VNet 0 TOTAL_LEASES has 28     is    17//

Total errors found: 39/

We've executed the fsck again and this is the new output:

/File /var/lib/one/mysql_localhost_opennebula.sql exists, backup
aborted. Use -f to overwrite.//
//Error running fsck version 3.8.1//
//The database will be restored//
//MySQL DB opennebula at localhost restored./

After that, we've started OpenNebula again and there are no VM
instances, but Status of most of the (persistent) Images is USED_PERS.
It seems that images table has not been correctly updated, isn't it?
What could we do (apart from deleting images table data) to correct it?

Is there any way to avoid the "CLEANUP status" bug? I. e. something that
triggers the bug and we should avoid executing...

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.