[one-users] iSCSI multipath

Miloš Kozák milos.kozak at lejmr.com
Thu Jan 17 23:57:05 PST 2013

Hi, I am setting up a small installation of opennebula with
sharedstorage using iSCSI. THe storage is Equilogic EMC with two
controllers. Nowadays we have only two host servers so we use backed
direct connection between storage and each server, see attachment. For
this purpose we set up dm-multipath. Cause in the future we want to add
other servers and some other technology will be necessary in the network
segment. Thesedays we try to make it as same as possible with future
topology from protocols point of view.

My question is related to the way how to define datastore, which driver
and TM is the best and which?

My primal objective is to avoid GFS2 or any other cluster filesystem I
would prefer to keep datastore as block devices. Only option I see is to
use LVM but I worry about concurent writes isn't it a problem? I was
googling a bit and I found I would need to set up clvm - is it really
necessary?

Or is better to use iSCSI driver, drop the dm-multipath and hope?

Thanks, Milos