[one-users] Steps for Installing OpenNebula on CentOS 5.7

Preetham Nagaraju preetham.nagaraju at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:38:39 PST 2013

Hi sir,

          First of all thank you very much for your information regarding
OpenNebula in OpenNebula.org. Somehow i could get some picture how to
install it.

I am sending the steps which i am following, please find the attachment for
the same. But the thing is that i have installed all the necessary packages
needed, till *step 8* and after that i got stuck up. After that i just
restarted the system, but the system got crashed.

And now i installed a fresh Cent OS 5.7, and try to follow the same steps,
but i am not able to install a single package using "YUM" command. eg: "yum
install ruby" also not able to install, it shows *"trying other mirror" *and
keeps on going like that and at the end shows *"no more mirrors to try"* and
gets out of it.

*My intention is to setup Opennebula and i have cluster of nodes running
with VM's and need to connect them to OpenNebula and need to manage those
cluster nodes or VM's.*

Sir i sincerely request you to please suggest me in this regard.
*1. I request you to please suggest me that i have to install Openebula on
Cent os only or it is better to install in Fedora (why i am trying to
install Opennebula on cent os is my vm's are in cent os)*
*2. I sincerely request you to please send the detail steps to install
OpenNebula with the commands at each step.*

This is my sincere request to you sir. Please help me in this.
--

*?** Regards,***

*Preetham. N*

*