[one-users] can't ping and ssh vm

Stefano Nicotri stefano.nicotri at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:28:29 PST 2013

the ips you assigned to the virtual network (10.0.2.0/24) are used by
the system to manage the virtual machines, and never coincide with the
ip on which the vms are listening (I have not understood why.... I am
quite new...).
you can get the ip you need (to be used with ssh) by connecting to the
vm with vnc (in the host: root at host:~# vncviewer 0.0.0.0:<IMAGE_ID>,
where <IMAGE_ID> is the numerical id assigned by the system to the vm)
and using the ifconfig command.

unfortunately I am not able to explain why it behaves in this way.....
maybe someone more expert than me could help you...

stefano