[one-users] Instantiate to Persistent

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:44:19 PST 2013

Hi Ruben,

I'm currently using the API.
I know I can do it as you said, but it is not a single operation. It requires to track state, wait for images to be cloned, etc.
It would be nice to be able to instantiate persistent images in the same way as we instantiate regular non-persistent.
So, if the template has a base image and type=PERSISTENT, then OpenNebula would clone the disk and add it to the VM automatically.
As far as I can see, this is not supported currently.

Regards,
Ricardo