[one-users] Opennebula 3.8 Resource rename

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Feb 19 05:51:46 PST 2013

All the information is read from the DB, so yes, it's possible to change
anything you want.
But there are lots of connections between different resources. For example
a VM stores in its xml body not only the host id, but also the hostname,
VMM driver...

I wouldn't edit the DB, but if you do, make sure you keep a backup and use
onedb fsck tool [1] to fix *some* inconsistencies.

I wonder why do you need to change the IDs, is it something we should
support for some reason?

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:onedb
--