[one-users] opennebula upgrade to 3.8.3 minor errors

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 6 05:22:39 PST 2013

On 6 February 2013 12:36, Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.calvo at scytl.com> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> On 06/02/13 12:34, Daniel Molina wrote:
>>
>> On 6 February 2013 12:17, Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.calvo at scytl.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Daniel!

>>> Yes, several times because Sunstone or ONE becomes unresponsive from time
>>> time.
>>
>> Is Sunstone running on the same machine as OpenNebula?
>
> Yes, we have a frontend with Sunstone and OpenNebula (using NFS to share the
> common storage).

The new vms logs should be in:
            system-wide: LOG_LOCATION + "/vms/#{id}.log"
            self-contained: LOG_LOCATION + "/vms/#{id}/vm.log"
the former directory was
            system-wide: LOG_LOCATION + "/#{id}.log"
            self-contained: LOG_LOCATION + "/#{id}/vm.log"

The logs from vms created in old versions have to be moved/linked to
this new directory. I will update the upgrade guide with this step,
sorry for the inconvenience..

>>> I'll try that link, but all nodes performed the same update procedure and
>>> only one is not working.

>>> When a batch command is executed (usually deleting 50+ VMs), Sunstone or
>>> ONE
>>> becomes unresponsive and must be restarted.
>>> Yes, attached you will find our config files.
>>
>> Can you interact with OpenNebula through the cli, or is Sunstone the
>> only one that becomes unresponsive.
>
> Everything becomes unresponsive, but not at the same time.
> When a user performs a large batch operation, the same user can't run more
> commands, but other users are fine for a while.
> After some time, users can't log into Sunstone and other services (such as
> OCCI) become unresponsive too.

Could you send us the oned.log part when this operation is performed

Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula