[one-users] opennebula upgrade to 3.8.3 minor errors

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 6 03:34:04 PST 2013

On 6 February 2013 12:17, Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.calvo at scytl.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel!
>
> On 06/02/13 11:15, Daniel Molina wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 1 February 2013 13:05, Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.calvo at scytl.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We have performed a update of both the OS (CentOS 6.2 to 6.3) and
>>> OpenNebula
>>> (3.8.1 to 3.8.3), and are facing some errors that weren't in the older
>>> release:
>>> - Logs can't be viewed from the webUI: selecting the "VM Log" tab shows
>>> an
>>> error message "Log for VM XXX not available".
>>
>> There was a bug in previous releases with the vm log directory, but it
>> should be fixed in 3.8.3. Did you restart the sunstone-server after
>> upgrading?
>
> Yes, several times because Sunstone or ONE becomes unresponsive from time to
> time.

Is Sunstone running on the same machine as OpenNebula?

>>> - One node can't establish network connections: started VMs on one
>>> specific
>>> node don't have network connectivity, while they get the IP address by
>>> context. All other nodes work fine.
>>
>> Please check the following link:
>>
>> http://wiki.opennebula.org/faq#my_vm_is_running_but_i_get_no_answer_from_pings_what_s_wrong
>>
>> Maybe there is something wrong with the host configuration.
>
> I'll try that link, but all nodes performed the same update procedure and
> only one is not working.
>

>>> - Sunstone/ONE seems to be stucked from time to time when performing
>>> large
>>> operations: as the old version (3.8.1), Sunstone becomes unresponsive and
>>> it
>>> is necessary to shut down all applications (one, sunstone, occi) and
>>> start
>>> them again. It usually happens when performing an operation with a large
>>> set
>>> of VMs.
>>>
>>> For all errors, no log in /var/log/one give any hint.
>>> Is there any other way to try to narrow down the root source of this
>>> problems?
>>
>> What are exactly the actions you performed and with how many vms?
>> Could you send us your sched.conf and oned.conf files?
>
> When a batch command is executed (usually deleting 50+ VMs), Sunstone or ONE
> becomes unresponsive and must be restarted.
> Yes, attached you will find our config files.

Can you interact with OpenNebula through the cli, or is Sunstone the
only one that becomes unresponsive.

--
Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula