[one-users] Shutdown delete the vm ?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 6 02:18:43 PST 2013

Hi Zeeshan

Yes, one of the limitations of the current model ("save_as") is that a disk
snapshot requires to shutdown the VM. We are currently working in snapshot
capabilities for opennebula. The snapshoting functionality will be two-fold:

1. Disk snapshots. As the one described in your email. Disk consistency
must be guaranteed  by the user. (e.g. powering-off the VM, unmounting the
disk...)

2. System snapshots. To offer the ability to revert the VM to a previously
saved point.

Cheers

Ruben

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Zeeshan Ali Shah <zashah at pdc.kth.se> wrote:

> Hi, Strange behaviour
>
> For cloning of vm shutdown required . But when we shutdown image created
> rightly but VM deleted .
>
> It should be restarted automatically after image creation or atleast in
> shutdown state so that user restart it.
>

> it this a norm or a bug ?
>
> i am using ONE 3.8
>

> BR