[one-users] Provisioning and theforeman

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 6 01:45:10 PST 2013

Hi

Yes bare metal provisioning is for sure in our radar. There have been some
discussions in the past about it [1, 2]. However, work in this is not in
our short-term roadmap.

Related to this issue, and maybe a first step, is the ability to audit  a
host, (is KVM properly configured?, are the datastores mounted and
accessible?...) See for example [3,4]. This would be very useful for
OpenNebula users and will drive the bare metal provisioning process.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ruben

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/956
[2]
http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2011-October/006615.html
[3] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1272
[4] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1756

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> Just wondering if anyone had done some work with bare metal provisioning
> and if so, considered theforeman.org software ? I'm looking to get to a
> point where a UI widget ( and some extention to the onehost cli ) allows me
> to deploy pre-determined physical hosts as opennebula compute nodes ( and
> maybe even do some network setup, storage setup, machine level prep - all
> of which is possible with theforeman since it integrates quite nicely into
> puppet ).
>
> Regards,
>
> - KB
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
> ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/**publickey.asc<http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc>

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect