[one-users] Migration issues with OpenNebula 3.8.1

Martin Herfurt martin.herfurt at toothr.com
Thu Feb 28 06:34:17 PST 2013

Hello,
as I am currently starting to get acquainted with OpenNebula, I need
some help with save migration.

I have setup a cluster with two equal servers. I have installed CentOS
6.3 with the OpenNebula Packages from the repository (version 3.8.1-2.6)
on each of them. Using the sunstone frontend on server1, I was able to
add the two hosts (server1 and server2) to the cluster. Starting to test
with the minimal KVM image, I achieved to create a template and could
deploy VMs on both hosts (datastore uses the ssh transfer manager).

When trying to migrate a VM from server1 to server2, the VM status
changes to SAVE_MIGRATE and after a few seconds to FAILED.
After doing some research, I found out, that during the migration
process, the disk-image is not transferred to the target host's system
datastore. All there is is a file called checkpoint and a file that is
called deployment.0 - so the restore operation fails, because the disk.0
file is missing.

Did anyone experience these issues as well or knows how the issue is caused?

Thanks for your help,
Martin