[one-users] Problem Login/ssh into vm

Alexander Sibetheros alexsibeth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 01:13:30 PST 2013

I have checked that the vmhost talks to the vms via the bridge(virbr0), but
my controller which is also on that bridge cannot access them, but can
access the vmhost(on virbr0).

Either bridge is incorrect or my vmhost is blocking access the vms, correct?

My vmhost is running ubuntu 12.04 server(with kvm hypervisor), maybe there
is something by default that blocks pings to vms?

In my controller node my interface card is:
auto virbr0
iface virbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.20
        network 192.168.0.0
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255
        gateway 192.168.0.1
        dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 192.168.0.1
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_fd 9
        bridge_hello 2
        bridge_maxage 12
        bridge_stp off

In my vmhost it is the same(copy paste) with different IP.