[one-users] VM in boot state for a very long time

Liu, Guang Jun (Gene) Gene.Liu at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Dec 11 06:27:53 PST 2013

Hi Javier,

Thank you for your reply!
After read this blog http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=3473 I started to
concern some settings of my system. The test (a demo/show for my
testing organization management team) I performed was that 20 VMs were
initiated as a batch. We have 4 hosts as computing nodes. We use linux
bridge network w/ external DHCP server. (we chose network mode as
"default")

I use all the default settings from a fresh new installation. I tried
to tune some of the parameters in oned.conf and sched.conf as below --

oned.conf:
MANAGER_TIMER           = 30
MONITORING_INTERVAL     = 60
MONITORING_THREADS      = 50

IM_MAD = [
      name       = "kvm",
      executable = "one_im_ssh",
      arguments  = "-r 0 -t 40 kvm" ]

VM_MAD = [
    name       = "kvm",
    executable = "one_vmm_exec",
    arguments  = "-t 40 -r 0 kvm",
    default    = "vmm_exec/vmm_exec_kvm.conf",
    type       = "kvm" ]

TM_MAD = [
    executable = "one_tm",
    arguments  = "-t 200 -d dummy,lvm,shared,qcow2,ssh,vmfs,iscsi,ceph"
]

DATASTORE_MAD = [
    executable = "one_datastore",
    arguments  = "-t 200 -d dummy,fs,vmfs,iscsi,lvm,ceph"
]

HM_MAD = [
    executable = "one_hm" ]

sched.conf: