[one-users] setting hard limits on OpenNebula resources (memory, disk, etc).

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Dec 5 02:29:18 PST 2013

Hi Steven,

Yes, that was a problem in older versions. I think that memory was only
considered if CPU was present.

Both CPU and MEMORY are now mandatory, I believe since version 3.6 when we
added the quotas.

So in current versions the hard limit is enforced always, the VM can be
created but it will not be possible to deploy it. And you can also use soft
limits with user or group quotas [1], this way the VM will be rejected when
the user tries to create it.

Best regards,
Carlos

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.4:quota_auth