[one-users] running a windows XP vm

Kenneth kenneth at apolloglobal.net
Thu Aug 29 03:14:39 PDT 2013

Yes, thank you,

I tried it at e1000 and then windows XP asked for
a driver when it booted. In case anybody is interested, I downloaded the
driver here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18717

Then uploaded it in the files datastore so it can be accessed by the
offline windows. Then install, reboot.

Thanks again.

On 08/29/2013
06:02 PM, Michael Curran wrote:

> I had to set the nic model to e1000
to make the nic work, plus I don't see any pcibridge definition in your
template below

(www.nitrodesk.com)

[kenneth at apolloglobal.net]

TO: Users [users at lists.opennebula.org]
> SUBJECT: [one-users] running a
windows XP vm

> Here's my template for it:
>
> CONTEXT=[

NETWORK="YES",
> SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="$USER[SSH_PUBLIC_KEY]" ]
> CPU="1"

DISK=[
> IMAGE_ID="25" ]
> DISK=[
> IMAGE_ID="23" ]
> GRAPHICS=[

LISTEN="0.0.0.0",
> TYPE="VNC" ]
> MEMORY="512"
> NIC=[

MODEL="virtio",
> NETWORK_ID="1" ]
> OS=[
> ARCH="i686" ]
>
> It boot's
fine. However the network isn't working any settings I need to change to
make the network work? or any drivers I need to install?

> --

Thanks,

--
Thanks,