[one-users] econe-upload to file datastore

Steffen Claus steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 19 03:27:15 PDT 2013

Am 16.08.2013 19:06, schrieb Daniel Molina:
> Hi
>

> On 16 August 2013 10:39, Steffen Claus <steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de
> <mailto:steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     i went through the code and found the following lines in the
>     EC2QueryServer.rb:
>
>     def upload_image(params)
>         image = ImageEC2.new(Image.build_xml,
>                             @client,
>                             params['file'],
>                            {:type => "OS"})
>
>     This renders it impossible to upload files to a file datastore.
>
>     What would be the best way to handle this situation? Additional
>     parameters for the upload_image method, even though AWS doesn't
>     distingush between image types? Or one could check the TYPE of the
>     datastore to define allowed IMAGE types for upload, e.g.:
>     type == "image" --> allowed: OS, CDROM, DATABLOCK
>     type == "file" --> allowed: KERNEL, RAMDISK, CONTEXT.
>
>     What do you think?
>

> econe-upload is a nonofficial EC2 api call, it's just a helper to upload
> image to OpenNebula. So, you can add a new param type to the request an
> use it when creating the new image.
I know that econe is not supposed to support the whole range of EC2
functionalities. So you suggest I should change the server code?

> BTW, how are you going to use this files through EC2?
They are pre-configured to be used within VM templates. I just need an
automatic way of uploading them from outside the Cloud infrastructure.

steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de
http://www.scai.fraunhofer.de