[one-users] econe-upload to file datastore

Steffen Claus steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de
Fri Aug 16 01:39:50 PDT 2013

Hi,
i went through the code and found the following lines in the EC2QueryServer.rb:

def upload_image(params)
   image = ImageEC2.new(Image.build_xml,
                       @client,
                       params['file'],
                      {:type => "OS"})

This renders it impossible to upload files to a file datastore.

What would be the best way to handle this situation? Additional parameters for the upload_image method, even though AWS doesn't distingush between image types? Or one could check the TYPE of the datastore to define allowed IMAGE types for upload, e.g.:
type == "image" --> allowed: OS, CDROM, DATABLOCK
type == "file" --> allowed: KERNEL, RAMDISK, CONTEXT.

What do you think?

BR,
Steffen

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----