[one-users] Gateway configured where not specified

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Tue Aug 13 14:46:03 PDT 2013

Hi Marco,

well, this is because it's the most common scenario. Typically VMs are
started with at least one interface, the first one being public, and thus
having a default gateway.

That's the why, but if you want to know how to disable it, well, you can do
two things:
1) open the image and comment out that line
2) generate your own version of the packages [1]

https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/share/scripts/context-packages/README.md

cheers,
Jaime

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Marco Lanzotti - ADGlamor <
marco.lanzotti at adglamor.com> wrote:

> On 13/08/2013 11:11, Marco Lanzotti - ADGlamor wrote:
>

>> If I add an interface with public IP and default gateway configured
>> default route still via 192.168.1.1.
>>

> I think problem is in /etc/one-context.d/00-network script, in function
> get_gateway():
>
>     if [ -z "$gateway" ]; then
>         if [ "$DEV" = "eth0" ]; then
>             net_prefix=$(echo $NETWORK | cut -d'.' -f1,2,3)
>             gateway="${net_prefix}.1"
>         fi
>     fi
>
> It set default gateway to ip x.x.x.1 if not specified. Whi?
>

> Bye,
> Marco

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013