[one-users] Has an update on OpenNebula 3 Cloud Computing being planned?

Giovanni Toraldo me at gionn.net
Mon Aug 12 08:24:49 PDT 2013

Hi Veikko,

the book was sponsored by its publisher (Packt Publishing), and AFAIK
there aren't plans to update it for the current version of OpenNebula
in the near future (and I know that it is quite complicated, since a
book writing process usually take 6 months, and OpenNebula development
pace is fast).

I can suggest you to use the book with the latest OpenNebula 3.x
version, and once you are sufficiently comfortable with its basics,
learn the changes introduced in OpenNebula 4.0 using the official
documentation.

Cheers,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Veikko Eeva <veikko.eeva at iki.fi> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Does anyone know is there a plan to update OpenNebula 3 Cloud Computing by
> Giovanni Toraldo
> (http://www.packtpub.com/open-nebula-3-cloud-computing/book)? The book looks
> like being just the resource I'm looking for, but of course I'd prefer
> something more recent.
>
> Thanks for answers and possible pointers in advance.
>

> Cordially,
> Veikko Eeva

Giovanni Toraldo
http://gionn.net