[one-users] OpenNebula VM Monitoring

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Aug 12 00:25:02 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 11 August 2013 02:33, Bruno Cruz <bruno.cruz at ua.pt> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I see that sometimes certain VM's are in a Running state, even thought
> they are actually frozen in such a way that the users using that VM can't
> do anything.
>
>  I've read that there is a way to change the time the monitoring tests
> are executed, but is there a way to enforce a more precise monitoring of
> the VM's, so it can detect such cases?

By default the opennebula monitoring probes does not retrieve information
about what's happening inside the vm, just the information that is provided
by the hypervisor. The monitoring intervals can be adjusted in oned.conf [1]

In OpenNebula 4.2 a new component was included, OneGate [2,3], that allows
you to push custom probes from the vm to opennebula.

Cheers

[1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:oned_conf#daemon_configuration_attributes
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:onegate_configure