[one-users] recovering a VM that is hung in MIGR state

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Tue Aug 6 09:27:20 PDT 2013

Hi Steven,

yes, starting with OpenNebula 4.0 there's a new 'recover' operation which
is intended precisely for that:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel4.0:vm_guide_2#life-cycle_operations_for_administrators

Regards,
Jaime

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

> I have several VM's which were in the midst of doing
> a non-live migrate from one machine to another when oned was
> restarted.
> All the scp's of the files completed (including the deployment
> file and the checkpoint file) and they are in the destination
> that they should be in on the new machine, but the VM was never started.
>  opennebula thinks the machine is still in migrate state.
>
> Is there any way I can force opennebula to realize that the migration
> is completed and start the VM on the new VM host?
>
> Steve Timm

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013
--