[one-users] Host's openvswitch promiscuous mode for VMs

Dmitri Chebotarov dchebota at gmu.edu
Thu Aug 29 18:04:27 PDT 2013

Hi

I'm not sure if this applies to opennebula, or should I direct it to an OVS forum/group:

I'm trying to build a Linux bridge to extend my network into another cloud. The bridge is running inside Linux VM, which is hosted on opennebula host /w openvswitch. The bridge configuration requires interface to be in promiscuous mode (inside VM) to work properly, but I cannot find a way to permit promiscuous mode for the VM's interface (vnetX) on the host. This is similar to what VMware vSwtich has to permit promiscuous mode inside VM.

I've duplicated the same configuration on my local WKS using VirtualBox and it works OK as soon as permit promiscuous mode for network interface.

I apologize for spam if it doesn't apply to this group...

Thanks.