[one-users] Monitoring OpenNebula deployments with Ganglia

Andreas Calvo Gómez andreas.calvo at scytl.com
Tue Aug 27 03:33:33 PDT 2013

Following the documentation [1] to set up Ganglia, I've end up seeing
ONE variables in Ganglia, but not being pushed to ONE.

What I've done so far under Ubuntu to set up Ganglia and ONE:
- configure VM_MAD and IM_MAD in oned.conf, restart
- install ganglia-monitor, ganglia-metadata and gmetad in ONE's frontend
- install ganglia-monitor on all nodes
- configure /remotes/vmm/kvm/poll_ganglia and
/remotes/im/ganglia.d/ganglia_probe to reach ONE's frontend
- set up the cron job to define OPENNEBULA_VMS_INFORMATION
- add node with Ganglia as IM

Nodes added with Ganglia as IM do not have information, although they
are listed as ON and MONITORED.

Am I missing some step?

Thanks!

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:ganglia