[one-users] Dedicated Frontend Server - Sunstone

Sebastian Igerl igerlster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 08:59:08 PDT 2013

Hello,

i'm trying to setup an opennebula 4.2 environment with one dedicated
sunstone frontend server and one server for the opennebula managment.
(Security reasons... ?! ) Only the sunstone server has a public ip.

If i understand the documentation right this should be possible because
both communicate using rpc (-> config: :one_xmlrpc:
http://onemanager:2633/RPC2)

But  vpn and iso uploads don't seem to work this way ?

I tried an vpn connection, seems that sunstone must have access to each
nodes ip ?

Although uploading an iso file results in an error because sunstone uploads
it to his tmp directory which the management server can't see...

Should i maybe start the sunstone server on the management too, so vpc
proxy gets started ? How do i tell my frontend sonstone to use the vpn
proxy on my management host?

For the iso upload problem maybe mount the tmp upload directory over nfs ?

I'm doing this because i thought if someone get's access to the frontend
server he can't do much with it... but i'm not really sure since sunstone
needs the /var/lib/one/.one/sunstone_auth key ?!

Thanks for your help,

Sebastian