[one-users] problem cloning vm image on shared datastore

Maicon Stihler stihler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 09:27:22 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm configuring an infrastructure using Opennebula 4.2.0 and I'm having
some problems with the shared datastore. My current system uses a glusterfs
store for vm images. I can create the datablocks and install the OS without
problems. However, when I try to clone the vm image and use it on another
template, it does not work.

When booting up the clone vm, linux stops with an initramfs problem about
missing files. I went to look files on the datastore and the clone image is
much smaller than the original image. Is this supposed to be like this? I
copied the file manually with cp and I got the same result (e.g. original
file with 4.7 GB and cloned file with 844MB).

I've searched the web for this problem but my search terms result in
nothing related to this.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Maicon