[one-users] Sharing compute nodes with other applications (i.e. HPC)

Dmitri Chebotarov dchebota at gmu.edu
Thu Aug 1 08:59:41 PDT 2013

Hi

I've noticed that ONED continuously monitors compute nodes for available resources (CPU/MEM).
So I had this idea of sharing compute nodes between HPC cluster and OpenNebula.
The HPC cluster is not necessary loaded 100% all the time and may have spare resources to host VMs.
If I added those nodes to ONE, do think sharing resources would work?
The idea is when HPC assigns jobs to compute/ONE node, scheduler will monitor the node and "see" that it doesn't have CPU/MEM resource available and won't use it for new VMs....

Thanks.