[one-users] OCCI vm status indication

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Fri Apr 26 02:25:29 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 25 April 2013 09:28, Miloš Kozák <milos.kozak at lejmr.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running opennebula 3.8.3 and OCCI self-service portal. My problem is
> that the VM indication is misleading. There 3 statuses - green, yellow,
> red. When I stop VM it turns to yellow, if anything is wrong red.. that is
> perfectly correct but the VM is indicated by green for shutdown, poweroff
> and all other statuses.. I was trying to fix compute.js, but it didnt
> worked out.. So I assume there is a deeper problem? Can you confirm that?

When using OCCI the VM xml that is sent in a OCCI /compute/:id GET request
include the VM_STATE [1].

VM_STATE=%w{INIT PENDING HOLD ACTIVE STOPPED SUSPENDED DONE FAILED
            POWEROFF}

The problem is that the states you are looking for are LCM_STATES.

LCM_STATE=%w{LCM_INIT PROLOG BOOT RUNNING MIGRATE SAVE_STOP SAVE_SUSPEND
SAVE_MIGRATE PROLOG_MIGRATE PROLOG_RESUME EPILOG_STOP EPILOG
SHUTDOWN CANCEL FAILURE CLEANUP UNKNOWN HOTPLUG SHUTDOWN_POWEROFF
BOOT_UNKNOWN BOOT_POWEROFF BOOT_SUSPENDED BOOT_STOPPED}

If you want to include this information you have to modify the
VirtualMachineOCCI class to include these states [2]

Hope this helps

[1]
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/release-3.8.3/src/oca/ruby/OpenNebula/VirtualMachine.rb
[2]