[one-users] How to change cluster ID

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 2 02:52:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <
sharuzzaman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm just trying out Opennebula.
>
> In my installation, when I type the command
>
> onecluster create Testing
>
> it will create a new cluster named Testing with ID 100
>
> Why it start with 100? How do I make is start with 1, instead of 100?

This way we reserve the first 100 IDs for internal or default clusters we
may add in the future.

> If I delete the cluster, then issue the command again, it will create a
> cluster of ID 101
>
> How do I change the cluster ID to 100 back?

This is not supported, but if it is really crucial you can fiddle with the
database directly. Look for the pool_control table.

> The reason is that I need it to be identical to another setup that we
> already have in the company, created by another engineer.

Maybe you can clone the entire database?

Regards

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan

Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Engineer
OpenNebula - The Open-source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/> | cmartin at opennebula.org |
@OpenNebula <http://twitter.com/opennebula> <cmartin at opennebula.org>