[one-users] econe auth not working (4.0 and 3.8.3) ?

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 16:25:02 PDT 2013

Hi,

I will answer my own question, because I find the solution.
The problem was that I was using the fqdn instead of the IP address, for the EC2_URL.
I had a look at the EC2CloudAuth.rb, and what was happening was the following:

- The signature_v1 function requires the host to be stripped from the params.
- The current implementation only deletes the host name that matches the :host: parameter from econe.conf (params.delete('econe_host'). )
- So, signature_v1 would consider the host for the calculation when I was using the fqdn != :host:

I had the IP as the :host: parameter. As soon as I changed it to the fqdn, I could use http://fqdn:<econe port> as the ec2 endpoint.
But then, http://<ip>:<econe port> stops working.

Regards,
Ricardo