[one-users] Help to implement GetConsoleOutput

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 2 02:51:32 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I'm trying to implement the GetConsoleOutput EC2 primitive. This is useful to get details about the booting processe of an instance.
Also, unchanged ubuntu cloudimages require the user to see the console output to see the generated password.
I need to create a serial port on each instance that points to a (ex.:) "console.log" file inside each VM directory.
Neither KVM nor Libvirt creates the file automatically. It must be there before booting the instance.

I  have three problems:

1st problem:
I need to add the following line to KVM deployment, using RAW:
OpenNebula does not seem to expand the $VMID on the raw parameters. So, how can I inject the correct parameters on the deployment file?

2nd problem:
I need to pre-create the console.log on the VM directory. I'm using a HOOK.
Problem is that VM TEMPLATE does not have the "systemds" the VM is using, neither has the path for the VM.
How can I get this?

Thanks,
Ricardo