[one-users] The type of processor required for OpenNebula setup

Valentin Bud valentin at hackaserver.com
Wed Sep 19 04:08:14 PDT 2012

Hello there,

OpenNebula *doens't* require a certain CPU. The OpenNebula frontend doesn't
even require x86_64 architecture. It can be installed on i386 also.

The virtualization hypervisor in use require a certain CPU, or more
specifically, a certain extension, the virtualization one.

Since you are asking about CentOS 6 I think you'll use either KVM or Xen.
As far as I know they both work with either Intel or AMD CPUs with
virtualization extensions. Maybe AMD names this different, I don't know.

Cheers and Good Will,