[one-users] FEATURE request: duplicated code and failure to use a single environment configuration file

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu Sep 13 06:02:54 PDT 2012

I agree that the boilerplate in the scripts to prepare the environment
is messy. One solution could be loading a environment file as you say:

--8<------
if [ -z "${ONE_LOCATION}" ]; then
    . /etc/one/env.sh
else
    . $ONE_LOCATION/etc/env.sh
fi
------>8--

It is much more concise and can be more easily changed in the future
(just one file). We will look into this. Thanks for the tip.

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Matthew Patton <mpatton at inforelay.com> wrote:
> Seems every script has the same 10 lines to find common scriptlets to
> include. Things would be a hell of a lot simpler to maintain if there was a
> 'env.conf' in /etc/one (or the $ONE_LOCATION equivalent).
>
> --
> Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
> InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula