[one-users] Default Group

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Sep 13 03:21:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

New Users are created by default in the same group as the user creating it,
except for the oneadmin group, that creates them in 'users'.

So, the easy way to do it is create the new users from another user that
belongs to the different group. Let's call this group 'newgroup', what you
need to do is:

Create a new user and move it to 'newgroup' [1]
$ oneuser create newgroup_admin abc
$ oneuser chgrp newgroup_admin newgroup

Allow that user to create and see all users (assuming newgroup_admin has ID
4) [2]
$ oneacl create "#4 USER/* CREATE+USE"

Now log in as newgroup_admin when you need to create new users. Please note
that this account has now access to all the user passwords.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:manage_users
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:manage_acl
--