[one-users] VM deploy_id in non-English environment causes trouble

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Sep 5 09:07:35 PDT 2012

The scripts that call virsh include the file 'scripts_common.sh' that
already does an 'export LANG=C' so this is really strange.

The call is located in your nodes in /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/deploy. as
you can see it includes the mentioned script.

Could it be that you had an old installation and those files belong to
an old version. Execute 'onehost sync' in the frontend so those
scripts are updated, just in case.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Pellaeon Lin <nfsmwlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use the OpenNebula 3.6.0 deb package on Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 , I have KVM
> and Sunstone working.
> When I create a new VM via Sunstone, it would normally boot up and show the
> state "RUNNING", and I can ssh into it.
> But via Sunstone I saw the VM's Deploy ID was "區域" , which instead should be
> "one-<number>"
> After a while its state would become "UNKNOWN". Here's what I get in
> oned.log:
>>
>> Message received: LOG I 19 錯誤: 無法取得區域「區域」
>> Message received: LOG I 19 錯誤: Domain not found: no domain with matching
>> name '區域'
>> Message received: LOG I 19 ExitCode: 0
>> Message received: POLL SUCCESS 19 STATE=d
>

> I installed Ubuntu in Traditional Chinese, so I'm guessing that some shell
> commands' output would be in Chinese, thus OpenNubula would be unable to
> parse it.
>
> I added
>>
>> export LANG="C"
>> export LANGUAGE="en_US:en"
>
> to oneadmin's .bashrc , logged in again, restart oned, then create a new VM
> via Sunstone, the issue persists.
>
> I then added
>>
>> ENV['LANGUAGE']='en_US:en'
>
> to /var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/kvm/poll, the issue still persists.
>
> From oned.log above, I think OpenNebula was trying to execute a "virsh
> <something>" command, but I can't find where it was invoked nor which
> command it actually was.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks :-)

Javier Fontán Muiños