[one-users] Datastore choice + Scenario

Rodolfo Conte Brufatto rcbrufatto at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:44:17 PDT 2012

I previously posted this in discuss don't know if it was the right place
tho...
So just re-posting it:

Hello everyone,
I am new to the list btw.
Just upgraded from 3.2 -> 3.6 here.
I am looking for any advice or recommendations in which datastore to start
using in my environment.
The environment consists:

2 Physical nodes (1 - fron-end and one VM host inside a cluster)
+---- VM host: Is running also as my storage server sharing an NFS and also
providing networking via OpenvSwitch.
As the main premise is to have the same datastore path among all hosts, I
did:

Exported the fs from VM host to front-end at /var/lib/one/datastore.
And in the VM host i've linked the exported mount point to
/var/lib/one/datastore as well.
To be honest i do not know if this the most elegant way to do that with my
resources (above mentioned)
(exporting and running multiple 'services' on the same host and even the
datastore layout)

My main concern is, is it possible to have multiple datastore types inside
the cluster (like adding future nodes to act as storage or any other
NAS/SAN device?)
Is there a good way to use this set up looking for future upgrades in terms
of resources?

*Other point, the other reason i am asking in which one to use is: Is it
possible to extend the created LVs on the fly without compromising the
running instance?
Regarding that performance is not a big concern right now.

I hope I was a little bit concise in here. :)
I am stuck in a crossroad in which datastore type to use and any advice,
insight or tip would be very welcome and very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

--
Have you tried turning it off and on again?