[one-users] VM creation time with XEN images

Paulo A L Rego pauloalr.alu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:35:01 PDT 2012

Hello all,

The use of qcow driver is really great for a KVM configuration. VMs are
created really fast and live migration is possible.
Now, for XEN configuration, which datastore system/driver do you recommend
to achieve low creation time and be able to use live migration?

I've tried file-system datastorage with ssh and shared driver, but it takes
too long to create the VM once my images have about 20 GB.
iSCSI/LVM can speed up things?

The size of qcow KVM images and raw XEN images are quite different. How to
improve that?

Thanks a lot