[one-users] econe-server with x509 and econe command

Hyun Woo Kim hyunwoo at fnal.gov
Fri Sep 14 13:41:19 PDT 2012

Dear developers,

$ONE_LOCATION/etc/econe.conf  has
:auth: x509

I understand this eventually causes
do_auth in $ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/cloud/CloudAuth/X509CloudAuth.rb
to be invoked.

This code X509CloudAuth.rb has
        cert_line   = env['HTTP_SSL_CLIENT_CERT']
at the beginning,

but, it is empty.

For this test, I am using econe-upload command with the following options
econe-upload -M
--access-key  "my account name"
--secret-key   "the DN of my certificate"
--url https://hostname:8443 (this is our site-specific)
pathname to image file

I think this result (HTTP_SSL_CLIENT_CERT being empty) is natural
because the command econe-upload does not point to my actual certificate..

Could you please clarify on how to use x509 auth with econe?

Thank you in advance.
Hyunwoo