[one-users] IBM Blade configuration for openebula cloud

Branko Tanovic branko.tanovic at metropolitan.ac.rs
Thu Sep 6 04:59:26 PDT 2012

Hi,
We are small University located in Belgrade, Serbia ,
our current information system
is created mostly of different hardware manufactures,we use
Citrix Xen Server Free Version  primarily for ability to run on
bare metal configuration.
Recently we are in process of buying IBM Blades servers with StoreWise
V7000 and we would like to
switch to OpenNebula Cloud , mainly because we use a lot of open source
technology and
are budget is tight.
This is our configuration

IBM BladeCenter 2 x  cpu E5-2640  2x 146GB na 15k, 112GB DDR3  two
8Gbps FC 	7 pcs

IBM Storwize V7000 Control Enclosure 16GB cache, 8 x FC ports, 4 iSCSI
port, 24
	1 pcs
256 GB 2.5-inch SSD HDD 	24 pcs
IBM Storwize V7000 expansion enclosure
	2 pcs
3TB 3.5 in. 7.2k NL SAS HDD 	24 pcs

Most of our vms/ applications use tomcat, mysql ,lamp, alfresco dms ,SAP
, windows 2008 server.

The question is is this configuration good for implementing OpenNebula
solution?

Can Front-End run virtualized on kvm or xen nodes   ?

Does nodes access directly to shared storage iSCSI ?

Some remarks,recommendation and experience would be nice.

Thank you Very Very much for the help.

Branko Tanovic