[one-users] Re : LDAP Auth

Derek Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Sep 5 07:40:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks, got the TLS issues worked out and now I can authenticate
correctly from the command line.  However, when I log in from Sunstone
it creates the user and sets a clear text password in the Password
field.  Then throws an error (OpenNebula is not running or there was a
server exception. Please check the server logs.) and does not log the
user in.  If you use the full DN as the username field it will log in
fine.  Anyone else run into this?

$ oneuser show 6
USER 6 INFORMATION

ID             : 6
NAME           : uid=derektest,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
GROUP          : users
PASSWORD       : MyPassword
AUTH_DRIVER    : ldap
ENABLED        : Yes

USER TEMPLATE

RESOURCE USAGE & QUOTAS

Thanks,
derek

On 8/30/12 4:42 AM, Nicolas AGIUS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can check your ldap connection with the following command :
>
> /var/lib/one/remotes/auth/ldap/authenticate username "" passwd
>
> The password must be in clear text.
> And note the second empty parameter.
>
> Cheers
> Nicolas AGIUS
>
> --- En date de : *Dim 26.8.12, Derek Yarnell /<derek at umiacs.umd.edu>/* a
> écrit :
>

>     De: Derek Yarnell <derek at umiacs.umd.edu>
>     Objet: [one-users] LDAP Auth
>     À: users at lists.opennebula.org
>     Date: Dimanche 26 août 2012, 1h30
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am trying to debug LDAP authentication but I am coming up short. I
>     have followed,
>
>       http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:ldap
>
>     and patched,
>
>        http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1171
>
>     I have set sunstone to use opennebula authentication,
>
>        :auth: opennebula
>
>     But I get only the error,
>
>        Sat Aug 25 19:28:59 2012 [ReM][D]: UserInfo method invoked
>        Sat Aug 25 19:28:59 2012 [ReM][E]: [UserInfo] User couldn't be
>     authenticated, aborting call.
>
>     But it never contacts the ldap server.  Is there some test I can do from
>     the command line to test ldap authentication?
>
>     Thanks,
>     derek
>
>     --
>     ---