[one-users] VM Sum isn't consistent

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 24 01:22:42 PDT 2012

Hi

Yes, we have included some modifications to check these corner cases in
OpenNebula 3.8. We are also having problems to reproduce this issue, but it
seems to happen when deleting a VM and some race condition with the VM
moving to another state at the same time. So we are not 100% sure this is
completely fixed in 3.8.

After some discussions we have decided to include some additional logic to
prevent this to happen (keep some extra relationships in the objects). As a
bonus we'll get the VMs IDs that are running on a host or the  specific VMs
that using an image directly from the 'onehost show' and 'oneimage show'
commands; and sunstone views.

Now, how to fix this. I'd recommend to:

0.- Stop OpenNebula
1.- BACK UP, BACK UP and BACK UP your database
2.- Upgrade to OpenNebula 3.8 (may probably solve this from happen again)
3.- Use the new fsck option of onedb that will fix the figures for the
images and hosts. [2]
4.- Restart your services.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:upgrade
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:onedb#onedb_fsck

We'll start working on this ASAP and provide a patch for the additional
checks.

Thanks for your feedbacl and really sorry for the inconvenience :(

Best

Ruben