[one-users] Suggestion for attributes in vmm_exec_kvm.conf

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Oct 19 01:05:44 PDT 2012

Hi

It makes sense. For the virtio bus, you can actually set it for each image,
you can update your images to include DEV_PREFIX=vd and they'll be using
virtio by default . Although having the default at the virtualization
driver level can be also very convenient.

You can track its progress here:

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1563

Best

Ruben

(Note, we've dropped BUS and keep DEV_PREFIX in 3.6 as we were basically
using two different things for the same)

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Paulo A L Rego <pauloalr.alu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It would be really interesting the addition of new attributes in KVM's
> default configuration, like:
>
> DISK = [ bus = "virtio" ]
> NIC = [ model = "virtio" ]
>
> They are commonly used.