[one-users] additional parameters for the DISK section

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 17 02:56:04 PDT 2012

Hi  João

Yes you are right, some additional work is needed to get raw content on
specific sections. RAW will just append the content to the end of the
generated XML document.

BTW the section you are adding is related to DISK layout, is TARGET not
working for you? Something similar is added by libvirt for each disk based
on the target (when specified)....

Best

Ruben

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM, João Pagaime <joao.pagaime at gmail.com>wrote:

> thanks for the reply
>
> didn't say the full story, sorry...
>
> the extra parameters that I need aren't "root" parameters, but instead
> must be inside a "<disk>" section, on libvirt's vm description
>
> I guess the RAW section can't be inside a DISK section
>
> best regards,
> João
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM, André Monteiro <andre.monteir at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just put on RAW section:
> >
> > RAW     = [
> >       TYPE  = "kvm",
> >       DATA  = "<alias name='ide0-1-0'/>
> >        <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='1' target='0'
> unit='0'/>"]
> >
> > --
> > André Monteiro
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM, João Pagaime <joao.pagaime at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello all
> >>
> >> I'm trying to start a VM with 2 IDE ou SCSI disks on KVM. Can't use
> >> virtio, since this is a physical to virtual operation,  of an old
> >> system that doesn't support virtio
> >>
> >> ths problem is that KVM/QEMU gives out an error
> >>
> >> after simulating the situation with virt-manager, it seems that
> >> libvirt XML needs to indicate the  following two extra parameters
> >> (example):
> >>       <alias name='ide0-1-0'/>
> >>       <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='1' target='0' unit='0'/>
> >>
> >> is there some way to put this on open-nebula template?
> >>
> >> thanks, best regards,
> >> João

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect